Thursday 4 February 2016

Happy Alone?


It was not as though I have not, for I have a multitude
Yet, alone I stand, the many being silent
The present - a similitude
Of days, of nights, of pain, like a struck flint
On old wounds – ablaze
Be all you can be
It is of him, the slogan spoke
The man that stands proud like the forest tree
He makes of his enemies a joke
The knight in tempered armour
The blazing wound cast the present alike to the past
Have you even moved beyond yesterday?
Look, you sit staring at those passed
No more closer are they
Ever distant. Ever beyond. Forever out of reach?
When he strode 
The men, the women, the children were aghast
Such strength!  Such power! Out of him it flowed.
On the hearts of them, his net he cast
The adoration of all, the hope of all
In this intense introversion I am reminded
Merely the presence of my multitude is not enough
Many a valley, many a mind, still lay unchartered
It is not meet for me to pull myself a bluff
Yet, the fear of crossing boundaries, is my master
Fears?  He has, doubtless
Enemies? He has, certainly
Valour he uses to strike fear to the less
His enemies look upon him jealously
For they know, he is their true ruler
If only the boundaries could be easily crossed
The seemingly high mountains easily scaled
But suddenly, to my eyes hers traversed
Will I be he who failed
Or rise to claim her stare, ever longer?


Nay, I go into the smelter
It is not for him to be he who failed
For my armour I shall temper
He opens his mouth, her stare to be hailed


This he is me - all I could ever be

No comments:

Post a Comment